Saturday, January 15, 2011

It won't always be a beautiful breakfast


If every breakfast could be fruit and tea, every day would start out pretty awesomely. Today wasn't a fruit day, and maybe not awesome, but still, pretty cool. I cooked bacon on my George Foreman grill. I attempted to cook an egg, but forgot to correct for the slope and therefore got a very thin omelet out of about 75% of the egg. (The rest was lost to the grease collection.) Plus cheddar cheese and corn tortillas, so nutritionally not on par with bananas, apples, and honey.

I haven't wanted to cook anything from raw on the little electric grill, in an effort to keep it sanitary. It makes great sandwiches. Today I discovered that it also makes great bacon. The cut-down-for-size strips cook flat, and to just the right crispiness. They don't swim in a pool of bacon grease and burn.

The clean up is a lot easier, so I saved water, too. Yay!

No comments: