Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Eat Pretty

I took a photo of my dinner last night. It wasn't a special meal, but it looked pretty. All it was was battered fish (Trader Joe's calls them Fish Nuggets, LOL) squares with mustard greens that had a little onion, garlic, and lemon. It might end up in the food album on Picasa eventually, though the pic is still on my phone at the moment.




I'm not very good with presentation, but I like what I eat to be pretty, so improving my meal presentation is something I have been working on without realizing that I'm doing it. I focused my intent to do so at some point, and then it ran on autopilot. The splash of warm color that carrots or a curl of lemon zest provide creates an ember of aesthetic pleasure for me.

The good thing is that food is pretty in smaller portions. Also, veggies and fruit are prettier than "brown and white" meals.

No comments: